Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Big Day!

Savannah had a very BIG day!!! She took her first steps (with an "s")!!! I had a friend over and while we were talking and playing with Savannah she took three steps using both feet with my "come to mommy" encouragement! I was so excited I almost peed my pants!!!

Then we finally got Savannah's Amazon shipment that included her new suction bowls, a few DVDs, a cool new sippy cup, snack pouch and three pairs of shoes. It was like Christmas for her as she sat in the middle of our floor among all the boxes.

When I put her super effective suction bowl on her high chair she totally ate the yogurt using her spoon....for like 5 minutes then the spoon flew to floor and she used her hands. It was hilarious, messy but hilarious!

Savannah likes to eat with us instead of us watching her eat so tonight she had dinner with us and she enjoyed a little bit of roasted chicken and smashed avocado mostly while she sat in my lap instead of the high chair. (P.s. This was the first time I roasted a chicken in my very small German oven, it was thankfully uneventful and at the same time delicious.)

Later before bedtime we were playing I asked her where my belly button was and she pointed to my belly button! I couldn't believe it! Then I asked her where my feet were and she pointed to...my belly button! haha

Looking back on today I realized Savannah practically turned into a toddler overnight. She's 10 months and 3 weeks old and it seems like yesterday we were at the Birth Center welcoming her beautiful face into the world. She amazes me every single day. I'm so happy and grateful that I can spend every minute with her to watch her grow and discover the world.

I will post the walking and eating from a bowl videos tomorrow!
XO
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment