Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Going Eggless

Since Savannah is possibly allergic to eggs we never have them in our house and I'm starting to explore eggless recipes. I've made banana muffins and wheat thins and they have both turned out surprisingly delicious. Today I decided to make chocolate chip cookies (for us not Savannah). Even though I would use eggs in this recipe because Savannah would not be eating them, I still had no eggs in the house. The grocery stores are closed on Sunday so I was forced to find an eggless chocolate cookie recipe.

One thing I am not is a baker but let me tell you, these cookies turned out so delicious! I had to share the recipe. Here are the recipes for the cookies, muffins and wheat thins! :-)

P.s. Savannah is being tested for her possible egg allergy this Thursday, I'll keep you posted!

Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
http://www.goeggless.com/2008/08/go-eggless-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

I didn't have the self-rising flour so I used 1 cup all purpose flour and added 1 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt to it. Also I used non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt.


Banana Muffins
http://www.happybabyfood.com/blog/recipes/380-happybabyegglessbananamuffins

I used apple sauce instead of vegetable oil and I think is why they turned out so amazing!

Homemade Wheat Thins
Ingredients:
3  cups  uncooked  oatmeal
2  cups  unbleached  white  flour  (may  substitute  1  c.  whole  wheat  flour  for
the  white)
1  cup  wheat  germ
3  tbsp.  sugar
1  tsp.  salt  (not  necessary  -­‐  omit  if  you  choose)
3/4  cup  oil
1  cup  water
 
Directions:
Mix  all  together,  and  roll  out  onto  2  cookie  sheets.  Sprinkle  with  salt.  Lightly  roll  again  to press  salt  in.  Cut  into  squares  or  diamonds  -­ a  pizza  cutter  works  well.  
Bake  at  350F.  
After  15  minutes  begin  checking  the  crackers  and  remove  the  ones  that  are  golden  brown  and hard.  Continue  checking  every  3-­5  minutes.  Optional  sprinkle  with  sesame  or  poppy  seeds before  baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment