Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Farmers Market

Today we visited the Wiesbaden Farmers Market and we were in heaven! Well probably more so me than Rocky, but he did have a good time too. There were tons of farmers there with beautiful fresh vegetables, fruits, dairy, meat, cheese, olives and bread. Each farmer had their own specialty. For example there was an egg lady, the meat man, the produce farmers and even olive lady's! It was exquisite! If you come visit us, you will definitely be coming to the Farmers Market. I'd say it's more of family outing than just going to get your goodies. Everyone was very friendly and enjoying themselves. Well so we think. It seems that Saturday is the day to roam around town. There was a large band playing on the steps of the building in front of the market. That's actually how we found the Farmers Market. One lady was so nice, she had a 3 year old boy and she was trying to speak to me in German but sadly I couldn't understand her. She was smiling and pointing to her son and then Savannah. I just smiled and patted Savannah on the bottom. I was wearing Savannah in our Ergo carrier (thank you Laura!!). I was surprised that I didn't see anyone else wearing their baby. I did notice that most babies were in a bunting type of sleeping bag wrapped up in their stroller. Maybe I should invest in one of these bunting bags....

We got fresh eggs, olives, bread, and cheese. Since we just got fruits and vegetables from Real (kicking myself for that now) we didn't need that much at the market. The market is open is on Wednesday and Saturday and I plan to be there each day!

Rocky tried Bratwurst and loved it, I was too scared and not that hungry but next time I will.  After our experience we walked around the shops and really started to fall in love with the town. We found a really neat toy shop where we bought Savannah a few things and a precious baby boutique. There were tons and tons of other shops that we'll explore next time.

Elizabeth went to bed and I thought I would finish this post: 
During our outing we went into many baby stores and other things.  We basically were going into shops to keep Savannah warm.  Each store Elizabeth wanted to buy her something.  We got a few things but for the most part restrained ourselves.  I think when I'm not around we're in trouble....
We love it here so far and can't wait to explore even more.....

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth and Rocky,
    I am so glad that you are embracing this exciting time in your life. We think of you everyday. OOOOXXXX Dora

    ReplyDelete
  2. We look forward to your blogs. What a great way to let everyone know what's up and not have to repeat youself if you were typing e-mails. Hopefully life in Wiesbaden has settled down a bit. You're learning your way around town, finding new restaurants to try. The FarmersMarket sound super. I'm sure Liz was in heaven! Congratulations of getting you license too. Now Liz will have to give it a try! We will continue to pray that God will bring new friends into your lives and you will begin to understand the German language better! We can't wait to see you all Skype real soon.
    Love always mom & dad

    ReplyDelete