Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The sun is shining :)

Halo! Today we are going to look at houses for the first time with our realtor, Sylvester. He is really nice and very helpful when learning about German life. Here realtors only show you houses that they have listed on the market. So if we want to see any other houses outside of Sylvester's Remax listings we have to contact the realtors ourselves. We have another realtor named Ingedor and she is going to show us houses tomorrow hopefully. I'll let you know how this excursion goes today!

Last night we went out to dinner and we classified it as a successful outing. Before dinner went to another baby shop, I think I'm obssesed with finding baby shops. I loved this one, and the owner was very helpful. She doesn't know it yet, but she is going to be my friend! We were in search of a new pram aka stroller here in Germany. The reason we need a new one is because our air shipment that we were supposed to get within a week of arriving was accidentally packed with our long-term frieght shipment and our City Select was on that! HUGE BUMMER! But the shipping company is compensating us so we can go buy what we need, very very nice of them.

We found a really nice pram (it's so fun to say that!). It's a Mountain Buggy at the price of about $525 EURO, which I guess is about $600 dollars. If we didn't already have a really nice pram (hehe) somewhere on a boat coming to Germany than maybe we'd consider. But we just need this stroller to have in the meantime. It's a jogging stroller and we don't have one of those so maybe we'll consider, but probably mostly like not. Jessica (shop owner) gave us some other advice on places around town and told me about some mommy groups so I'll investigate those when I get our car and my liences.

Dinner was yummy. The restaurant had an English menu. The hostess gave us a card when we walked in, it was a self serve kinda place. You give the card to the chef in the line, they swipe and then you pay at the end. The atmosphere was relaxed and the tables were really tall. Great place to have a girls lunch or girls dinner. We had been hesitant to try this place because it didn't look baby friendly because of the tall tables. Well they just have REALLY tall high chairs. Savannah enjoyed it.


The previous night we went to a German restaurant and that was really good too. We're starting to get our barrings. Everyday is an adventure and even though it's challenging I welcome each new day. We are all feeling better. The sun is shinning today and I couldn't be happier to see sunny skies. It's amazing what a little sunshine will do for you! :) I saw everyone is getting snow at home today. Enjoy and be safe. Love you!
xoxo

P.s. I tried to blow dry my hair today using my American blow dryer and it almost exploaded into a fire ball in my face. Lesson of the day - American 1875 watt blow dryers are too much for European outlets even with the converter! Now I'm stuck using the hotel blow dryer...until I find a new one.

1 comment:

  1. Its’ not having everything go right; it’s facing whatever goes wrong. It’s not being without fear; it’s having the determination to go on in spite of it. Remember that every day ends and brings a new tomorrow. Love what you do, do the best you can, And always remember how much you are loved! Sparky & Nonnie

    ReplyDelete