Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Two Weeks

Guten Abend (good evening)! Yesterday marked two weeks since we arrived and it is really starting to settle in that we are living in Germany. I started my German language lessons today on a website called Livemocha. I've learned the basics like how to say my name is Elizabeth and good morning and bye. When we looked at a house this evening the realtor only spoke German so I got to try out my skills. I guess I did okay but what saved us was the Google Translator app. AWESOME app if you are ever in a language barrier situation. The app talks to you and you can talk into the app and it translates.


Anywho, this is the house we like so far, Einfamilienhaus mit tollen Grundstuck. This is actually the backside of the house. The backyard is beautiful. The inside was just renovated with all new windows, bathrooms and a new kitchen. Everything is really nice! It's a four bedroom/2 full bath house. Plenty of space for us! Downside is it's kinda far from Wiesbaden, about 10 minutes and about 30 minutes from Rocky's job. Tomorrow we are going to ask people at our hotel to see what the town is like to make sure there are a lot of young families there.


Tonight we had dinner at really cute restaurant named Ricci in the neighborhood after we saw the house. Savannah met her first little German friend named,  Jonas. They put on a show for the entire restaurant! They had each other giggling during our entire dinner.


Lilly got her international pet passport today. Now she can travel all over the world with us! :)


Enjoy the pictures!
xo
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I get so excited every time I see you have another post! I can only imagine how much fun it is going to different towns and looking at all the different style homes. I'm sure Rock's friends at work would be able to tell you what neighborhoods are good for young families. I love the pictures too! And so glad Lilly is now an international doggie! Hey Liz, glad to see you have started your German lessons. I think I'll give it a try too! But I canhardly speak English much less anything else; so I'll need major help! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete